Michael was looking at our pictures and wanted me to add this on. Does he take after his daddy or what? He is getting to be so ornery.........
Today I have been pretty busy. I went out to My Grandma and Grandpa Lavy's house to help Grandma with her hair. I told them last week that I would help Grandma bake a pie. And Heather you know WHAT A GOOD COOK I am. Well, Grandma being as she is like to save as much as she can. So when I was making the pie crust she shorted me to much on the liquids. And guess what happened...... yep it would not roll out.It was crumbs. She did this to me another time also. (But being that I'm such a GREAT cook when it come to pies I didn't know any better) So I just smashed the dough in to the pie pan. Well then it come to putting the filling in. We was making a apple pie. I normal follow a recipe but Grandma has this recipe in her head ;-). So she had me put sugar and something else that is suppose to make the syrup (or what ever you call the juice stuff ) for the pie in the bottom of the pan. Then I put the apples on top. Well i put the pie in the oven it cooked for like 30min. I go and check on it. And there was NO JUICE to it at all. Grandma forgot to tell me that you need to put some of the Sugar stuff on top of the apples. ( I know Heather you are think whats wrong with my Sister-In-Law) So I try to mix it up the best I can. But that poor pie. It need much more help then I could give it. I told Grandpa that I needed another job besides baking. He just laughed at me. Being that I know NOTHING about baking pies. That is why I don't pick up on these things you know. Well anyways Hopefully it will be ok for them to eat.
Isaiah was so tired on the way up to Greg and Stephanie's that he fell asleep reading a book. Poor little guy
Isaiah was so tired on the way up to Greg and Stephanie's that he fell asleep reading a book. Poor little guy



9 comments:
Beth sounds like you had a very interesting day at Grandmas. Sorry I had to laugh at your pie story. Well I must go study for my Test. OH Isaiah is sooooo cute and I love him soooo much and you of course you too :0
love alwyas
amy
Beth, I'm SOOO sorry about your pie...bless your heart! Let's say that it was not your fault, it was your Grandma's. =) I'm sure it will taste ok, if not, they can put a piece in a bowl and put milk or icecream on top. The pics you put up were CUTE! Isaiah is sooo precious!
Love ya, Heather
The pie story is so funny. I know you were frustrated, but those things happen. I remember once that I baked the most beautiful pumpkin pie and Uncle Cyrl, grandma's brother, was over and I offered him a piece of pie. Well, from the look on his face I just knew something was wrong. You guessed it - I forgot the sugar! We all had a good laugh and sprinkled sugar on top. At least we could eat it. Sugar can be added last, not recommended, but it works (somewhat). lol
Love Ya,
Mom
Beth! That is hilarious! I am by no means a cook. I guess it runs in the family??? I don't know, but I wouldn't have known any different if I had followed the same instructions Grandma gave you. That is a great story!
I enjoyed reading more about you all's weekend.
Love, Phillip
I was privileged to see your masterpiece of a pie when I stopped by to eat my Subway sub at Grandpa's house. I thought it was an apple crumb pie. They offered me some, but I politely declined. Oh, well, it is very nice of you to be there and give her something to occupy her mind.
Bethie it brings joy to my heart (forgive me!) to find a "fellow" pie maker. Only thing is-I know you can make better pies, as Michael has told me so. A sweetheart granddaughter you are to help your aging grandma.
Love, Mom/Dad Dickinson
Uncle Lowell,
Its probably a good thing you politely declined the pie ;-)
Post a Comment