Wow, I can't believe it has been 7 years since 9-11-01...It seems like yesterday. I will never for get what I was doing that day. My Father and Mother-In-Law where up here to see us. It was the only day Michael and I had taken off work to be with them. We was all just sitting around talking when my sister called and asked if we heard what had happened. So we turned on the TV to find out what was going on. One of the saddest days of our lives.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
9-11-01
Posted by Beth at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yes, that was one dark, sad, and sobering day for us even though we were together then. It seemed like a nightmare-it was a nightmare! The next night when we went home to Phoenix, we had to spend the night at the airport and I was so tired I laid on the floor at the airport, along with others who did the same thing, and I slept there. I never dreamed I would ever do such a thing. I hope such a thing as Sept 11, never happens again. Love,
Mom D
I was driving near Troy, Ohio, on the way to an appointment to measure for carpet. I think it was 8:57A.M., when on the news on WEEC, they said a plane had flown into a tower in NYC. I was thinking, Cessna. When I got in to the people's house there was a video of a large plane. We were still trying to understand how there could have been such a mistake! I was in shock and I believe when I gave the estimate on the job, I messed it up. It took me a couple days to comprehend that several thousand people died, even though I watched the towers collapse. Wow, one of those moments that are frozen in time.
I will never forget that day either. Phillip was somewhere between Hawaii on a US Navy ship with his cousin Rob, and I was by myself with our 2 little girls. My phone rang at 6:00 AM and I saw on caller ID that it was an older lady that always had discouraging news, so I let it go to the answering machine, turned off the ringer and went back to sleep. By the time I got ready to turn the ringer back on, and listened to the messages...there were 5 messages all saying that they were praying for me, and that they trusted that GOD was helping me during this scary time. I had NO IDEA what was going on. I called my Mom in Florida and asked her if she knew what was going on and she told me the SAD NEWS! I had NO IDEA if we were going to war and if we did, what in the world would happen to Phillip and the other 999 visitors on the US Navy ship. Since I was concerned for I lived only 2 miles from the airport and wondered if there would be more activity with airplanes, I called my friends the Wolcotts who lived a half an hour away at that time and they said that my girls and I could come and stay with them during those days. Though those were some dark days and it was SCARY not knowing where Phillip was, nor when I'd hear from him, the Wolcotts were very gracious and we had some nice days with them. That was a VERY SAD day in our nation!!! By the way...Phillip was able to come back to us the following Saturday...and boy were we GLAD to have him home safe!
I forgot to put "between Hawaii and California" on my last comment. And I didn't realize that I was signed in as Phillip D.
Post a Comment